We use decades of experience and expertise in Auto-CAD Inventor 3D and our in-house design software to develop the perfect packaging solution to suit your individual needs as a customer.
We follow a number of steps in this process:
Kick off meeting
Once initial contact has been made a member of Crocodile’s design team will conduct a formal meeting with the customer and gauge exactly what the specific packaging needs are for this project.
This will include outlining:
- Specific details of the goods being packaged
- Areas requiring support.
- Special protection and anti-vibration requirements.
- Handling & loading methods.
- How will the item be shipped (road, sea, air etc)?
- What internal dunnage and protection can be included with the crate.
- Whether a returnable solution can be considered.
- The best way to utilise materials in order to minimise costs.
Concept design – CAD software
- If the customer has CAD drawings of their product this will then be sent to Crocodile.
- If no CAD drawings are available, then a physical measure may be required.
- Crocodile’s design team will develop a proposal for a shipping solution using all information gathered.
- Once a concept design is completed this will be sent to the customer for consideration.
- The customer will then send any input or concerns back to the design team.
- If appropriate Crocodile will then incorporate this feedback into the design.
- Crocodile will then manufacture a sample and deliver this to the customer.
- If required a member of the design team will then test the package with the customer.
- Any adjustments or improvements that can be made will be noted down by the design team and incorporated into the final design.
Design sign off
- After the feedback from the Sample Test has been fully incorporated into the design a final design will be sent to the customer.
- If the customer is happy then the design can be signed off and production can commence.