Timber Frames for Schools, Education and The Healthcare Sector
The timber frame construction method is ideally suited to building schools and other educational and commercial buildings including healthcare facilities. Using a timber framed construction approach ticks a number of important boxes:
1. Fast erection of the timber frame structure plays a key part in significantly shortening the overall site programme allowing more work to be done in school holidays and minimising the associated disruption to students during term time.
2. A greater emphasis on off-site manufacturing minimises the health and safety risks that are associated with construction on school, campus or hospital sites.
3. Sustainability is important in the planning of new schools, colleges and healthcare buildings. Using timber frames as part of the construction project ensures sustainability lies at the heart of the planning process and has the best chance of achieving today’s stringent carbon emission targets.
4. An extended pre-site design and manufacturing programme allows more input from teachers and educationalists to ensure that pupils will benefit from the most modern teaching methods.
As a leading timber frame company Crocodile have much experience in engineering and designing timber frame structures for schools, colleges and healthcare buildings and can be counted on to play their part in making the most of the benefits that timber frame methodology can bring to a project.
Crocodile Timber Frames have provided many new school buildings in recent years including;
- extensions to existing classrooms,
- new day centre accommodation,
- Surestart centres,
- new state of the art classroom blocks
- complete new schools.
Crocodile timber frames have also supplied sustainable timber frame kits for a number of care homes and associated medical treatment buildings.
Crocodile specialise in non standard timber frame projects and are also happy to include fenestration and roofing in the overall package in order that a wind and watertight shell is available at the earliest possible stage of your project.
Please contact Crocodile at the planning stage of your project if possible to benefit from our input and make the most of timber frame construction.
If you are interested in this service - please call us on 01793 821555 to discuss your requirements.
Back to Timber Frames